Hey there! This post contains affiliate links. Using my links means I earn a commission, which helps me create more rad content. More on affiliates here.
Today, on the blog, I’m sharing 7 brands to shop for plus size resort wear from. If you’ve been frantically googling, “Where to shop for plus size resort wear?” then this blog post is for you!
Before I get to my most favorite plus size resort outfit ideas, I wanted to be sure to share a few tips when planning what to pack for your trip to a resort!
Here are my top plus size resort wear tips:
- Matching Sets ROCK! When planning your outfits, it’s way easier to pack matching sets (example: a crop top and long maxi skirt). I did this for a recent trip to Jamaica, and I felt chic and put together – with minimal effort!
- Pack 3-4 Swimsuits – Minimum! Listen, it is NO fun to put on a wet swimsuit, am I right? And things can take longer to dry in humid areas. For this reason, I always pack at LEAST 3-4 swimsuits to see me through. (I usually just take my total number of vacation days and divide them by 2! So, a 7 night vacation, means I’m bringing at least 3 swimsuits!)
- Go with COTTON! When hanging out in a tropical paradise, you’re going to want clothing that dries easily — go with easy breezy loose clothing over thick knitted or polyester-like fabrics! (I always tell folks to look at the fabric makeup on the product page when shopping online! Best tip ever!)
- It’s okay to OVERPACK! Listen, bestie — if you’re going to an all-inclusive resort for a week or more, there’s no need to stick to a carry-on bag. I recommend overpacking, especially if this is your first trip to a resort! Also, be sure to snag a ZIPPABLE beach bag, so your stuff doesn’t fall out when you’re on the beach or by the pool – you’ll thank me later!! 😉
- Platform FLIP FLOPS: Depending on how upscale the resort is that you’re staying at, you will likely want to dress for dinner! I love that! That said, most resorts in the tropical or fun areas wont’ have super even pavement — making stiletto heels dicey! Aim for platform flipflops with a little sparkle or wedge heels! (Also, remember that your feet may swell in the heat — so pack a few different options!)
Plus Size Resort Wear
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing my favorite plus size resort wear brands, as well as my fave plus size resort wear outfits from those brands! i love to travel, especially to tropical destinations or places with beaches – and I spend a LOT of time looking around to find the best plus size resort wear.
I have also done my best to include sizing information, and I’ve made it a point to prioritize sharing brands with more inclusive size ranges and sizing! Fashion doesn’t stop at any size!!
All righty, let’s get to my plus size resort wear guide!
[Note: This blog post was originally published on November 8, 2021. It was last updated April 22, 2022. Some outfits may be out of stock, but I’ve kept them for plus size outfit inspiration! Please be sure to check sizing info and other details with the fashion brand, as brands frequently make changes to their size charts and other details!]
#1 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear from Eloquii
First up on my guide to finding the very plus size resort wear outfits is Eloquii! This brand has so many plus size resort wear outfits, including maxi dresses, rompers and 2 piece sets – perfect for a vacation!
- Sizing: The brand makes plus size resort outfits in up to a size 28!
Eloquii has plus size blazer sets, rompers and other super cute and fun plus size vacation outfits! I’m such a fan of their plus size maxi dresses as well!! That said, if you’re a short babe (like me!), I recommend going for dresses that hit mid-calf on the Eloquii models — their maxi dresses are really for tall babes!!
#2 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear from Amazon
Next up on our list of plus size resort outfits, we have plus size resort outfits from Amazon!
Now, I find it hard to find anything over a 3X on the platform! So heads up there!
#3 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear Outfits from Boohoo
Next up on my guide to where to shop for plus size resort clothing, we have Boohoo! When it comes to shopping for plus size resort wear, it can be really hard to find trendy and cute styles.
Luckily, Boohoo has super fun and fabulous plus size resort outfits perfect for a vacation! I wish that Boohoo showed their plus size resort outfits on plus size models, but alas. not the case. [If someone from Boohoo corporate is reading this – call me! I’d love to model for Boohoo ;] ] Boohoo has a lot of plus size rompers, plus size two piece sets, and various dresses that are perfect for a resort vacation!
- Boohoo makes plus size resort wear in up to a size 24!
—> Shop Boohoo resort wear HERE!
Below, I’ve shared some of my fave plus size resort outfits from Boohoo:
<< Want more plus size fashion tips and recommendations? Be sure to join my email list, HERE! >>
#4 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear Outfits from ASOS CURVE
Next up, you know I have to include one of my fave UK-based brands for my plus size resort outfit roundup! ASOS is headquartered in London, England, and the brand is known for making super fun fashion forward pieces. On my own recent trip to a resort in Jamaica, I brough along a few dresses from ASOS (they were a hit)!
- Sizing: Most ASOS Curve pieces go up to a size 24, some up to a size 26
#5 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear Outfits from Avenue
Next up on our list of where to shop for plus size resort wear outfits is Avenue! The brand has a lot of plus size maxi dresses, short plus size resort dresses and a few jumpsuits
This online brand has a variety of plus size resort wear options, from their own brand as well as brands that they carry! This is a great brand to shop if you want to try other plus size lines, but don’t want to deal with all of the shipping bruhaha that can come with planning a tropical beach vacation!
- Up to a size 24 with a 47 inch waist [per the Avenue size chart]
Below, I’ve shared some of my favorite plus size resort wear outfits from Avenue!
#6 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear from Lounge85
Plus size resort wear would NOT be complete without some kaftans! I found Lounge85 on etsy, and I’m stoked at their diverse offering perfect for a plus size vacation!
- Bust up to – 60″, Hip up to – 60″, Waist up to – 60″
Shop plus size resort outfits here!
#7 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear from Alpine Butterfly Swim
This next plus size resort brand is a beloved indie brand, with super trendy and fun pieces! Alpine Butterfly Swim is known for being a SUPER fashion forward brand, one that is beloved by influencers (like me!) the world over!
- Up to a 6X, which is a 60 inch waist!
Below, I’ve shared some of my fave plus size resort outfits from Alpine Butterfly Swim!
#8 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear from Torrid
Second on our list of plus size resort wear and plus size resort outfits is Torrid!
This brand offers a plethora of plus size swimsuits, plus size cover ups – and also a good amount of plus size rompers and sets that make a fabulous plus size resort outfit!
- Sizing: Torrid goes up to a 6X, which is similar to a size 30 in a lot of brands
Below, I’ve shared some of my favorite plus size resort outfits!
#9 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear from VeesFabDesigns
Next up on our guide to plus size resort wear brands, we have plus size kaftans from VeesFabDesigns on Etsy!
VeesFabDesigns makes plus size kaftans in up to a 2X or 45 inch waist.
Shop this plus size resort outfit HERE!
#10 Brand: Plus Size Resort Wear from Dia & Co
Next up on this guide to plus size resort wear, we have Dia & Co! The plus size fashion brand is known for their plus size subscription box, and they also carry ready-to-purchase plus size resort wear, from a number of indie brands.
- Most Dia & Co pieces are available up to a size 24, with some going up to a 28
Below, I’ve shared a few of my fave plus size resort outfits.
More Plus Size Vacation Blog Posts
Looking for more help planning your outfits for a vacation? Check out these other blog post guides I wrote just for you!! <3
Reviews to your inbox!
Every week, i send out an email with the very best plus size fashion posts, along with helpful blog posts about growing your career! Subscribe here.