Hey there! This post contains affiliate links. Using my links means I earn a commission, which helps me create more rad content. More on affiliates here.
I recently posted this review of the “Plus Size League of Their Own” Halloween costume, and today I’m reviewing a Carmen San Diego costume!
Finding plus size Halloween costumes can be pretty tough, as brands that do offer plus size Halloween costumes often DON’T show them on plus size models. Face palm.
To try to help these brands out, I sent HalloweenCostumes.com an email, and asked for a few plus size costumes to review! They sent me 3 (woo hoo!), and I’m excited to review the first of them today on the blog!
Snag this Halloween costume by clicking HERE!
I LOVE Carmen San Diego
I grew up watching reruns of the cartoon show, and as an adult I’ve had a blast watching the revamp of Carmen San Diego on Netflix. It’s fun, and I love geography facts!
Plus Size Halloween Costume Review: Carmen San Diego
I’ve waited YEARS to be able to rock a Carmen San Diego costume at Halloween, because for a long time it wasn’t available in plus sizes!!
The iconic red coat, hat and yellow details make this plus size Carmen Sandiego costume super fun and DRAMATIC, and I love to wear red.
I could’ve done a DIY version, but finding a Carmen San Diego hat proved too challenging.
I’m stoked that HalloweenCostumes.com offers this costume in plus sizes, so I could share it with y’all today!!
Below, I’ve shared:
- Review of fit & materials
- Styling tips
- Accessories ideas
- Photos from a Halloween Costume Photoshoot!
Carmen San Diego – Review of Halloween Costume
Okay, SO! I was a little worried about this Carmen Sandiego costume, because a lot of Halloween costumes use that weird stretchy polyester material – and it’s not very stiff! I knew the coat needed to have STRUCTURE to really do Carmen San Diego justice, and this costume did NOT disappoint!
The costume has a few pieces, which I’ve reviewed below:
- The Carmen San Diego Hat: The hat is CRITICAL to this costume, and it’s lots of fun. It has a yellow band around the top of it, and it’s a fun and dramatic accessory. My head was a little too big, but I made it work! The hat is made from a stretch material, and the edges of the hat are wire, making it easy to shape!
- Carmen San Diego Yellow Scarf: We love a scarf! This scarf is super long, making it easy to “fluff up” next to the coat collar.
- Carmen San Diego Jacket: This jacket is a super fun red trenchcoat, with big yellow buttons. It ties in the front. i’m 5’4″, and it hit just below my knees. It’s made from a heavier fabric, and it’s going to need a good ironing when you take it out of the bag!
Shop this plus size Carmen Sandiego costume HERE.
Carmen San Diego – Review of Halloween Costume Sizing
I got this costume in a 2X, as my bust is about 48″, and my waist is 42″. I would say the size chart was pretty accurate!
There’s no stretch in the Carmen San Diego red trench coat, so be sure to order using your measurements!
Carmen San Diego – Costume Accessories
Sexy and fun, while also keeping me warm!
I also snagged a lockable briefcase for the photoshoot, and you can get one of those here!
I scouted a few different office buildings for a plus size Halloween photoshoot, but we were rained out!! We ended up taking photos in the early morning in a parking garage!
Photographer is Angela Petersen, and all rights are reserved for these photos, copyright 2020!
Snag this fun Halloween costume by clicking HERE!
More Plus Size Costumes!!
I loveeee plus size Halloween costumes, and I have a few other roundups that you will love!
- Where to Shop for Plus Size Halloween Costumes
- Where to Buy Plus Size Halloween Costumes in a 7X and 8X
- Spooky Halloween Fashion Editorial with RebDolls
Love seeing posts that break down costs like this? Join my email list, by clicking here!