Hey there! This post contains affiliate links. Using my links means I earn a commission, which helps me create more rad content. More on affiliates here.
Today I’m sharing all about plus size leopard dresses, and I can’t wait to get started! If you’ve been frantically googling, “Where to shop for plus size leopard dresses?” then this blog post is for you!
As a plus size fashion blogger and model, I have a TON of plus size leopard dresses in my closet. As well as rompers, pants, etc, lol.
Plus size leopard dresses are SO FUN, in my opinion, because I think that they can act as a neutral against more bold colors (I love a red sock boot), as well as a neutral — pairing with black in a beautiful way.
This blog post is all about plus size leopard dresses.
Before I get to my most favorite plus size leopard dress outfit ideas, I’d like to share a few of my top tips when planning your own outfits featuring plus size leopard dresses!
- PRINT SIZE: Leopard print dresses can have different sizes of prints, that is to say, the spots can be larger or smaller. Generally, the bigger the spots – the larger the leopard print – the more bold the look! If you love leopard print like I do, I recommend getting 2-3 different plus size leopard print dresses to wear (maybe even 5 if you’re like me, lol), matching your ~boldness factor~ to the event, say a plus size date night outfit, work, a party or clubbing, etc!
- SHEEN: In my guide to plus size leopard print dresses, the sheen of the fabric is going to make a big difference. “What is fabric sheen?” you ask? Fabric sheen is how shiny a fabric is. Satin, for instance, is going to be shinier, have more sheen, than cotton and jersey fabrics. I like to mix fabrics of different sheens when putting together my own outfits (a black chunky sweater over a plus size leopard print dress in satin). Keep on eye on SHEEN when looking through my plus size outfit ideas in this post, and check the dress description on its website to see what fabric it’s made out of.
- STRETCH: As a professional plus size blogger and model, I know that STRETCH can make a huge difference in how comfy a garment is. That’s why I recommend you check to see the fabric makeup on your plus size leopard print dresses, to see if there’s spandex, Jersey, nylon, mesh, etc. It’s totally ok (and totally cute AF!) if you want to wear a 100% cotton plus size leopard dress – but it’s going to have much less stress, typically, than a dress made with mesh!! For example, I really love a SATIN leopard print dress for a date night, but a plus size leopard print dress made from MESH is best to wear dancing – it breathes better and looks fire, in my experience! 😉 Just saying! Also important to note is that many fabrics are a mix of different kinds of fabric (ex: mixing cotton and spandex, for a 90% cotton and 10% spandex blend!)
- INVEST in wardrobe staples: A plus size leopard print dress is a wardrobe staple, something that you’ll likely wear for years! Because of this, I recommend INVESTING in your plus size leopard print dresses, and try to get something quality. It’s better to invest in one high quality leopard print dress you love, than end up having to hunt down a new leopard print dress every year and end up buying 3 dresses or eventually 17 dresses!!
- HANG DRY: Real talk, it horrifies me when people dry their clothing IN THE DRYER. The heat and motion of a dryer can damage or even ruin the weave of fabric, so I always recommend that you HANG DRY YOUR LEOPARD PRINT DRESSES, BABES!! “Cost per wear” Is totally a thing, and I think you can maximize your investment in clothing by getting MORE WEARS (decreasing cost per wear!) by avoiding the dryer like the plague! (I only dry my socks and towels, basically! Sometimes I dry my undies, if I’m running low, lol.)
Plus Size Leopard Dresses
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing my favorite plus size leopard dresses from brands I love. I love to wear animal print — especially leopard print! — and I’m so stoked to share my finds with you!
Because I’m such an animal print fan and leopard print’s #1 fan, I have spent a LOT of time looking for plus size leopard dresses online, lol.
I have also done my best to include sizing information, and I’ve made it a point to prioritize sharing brands with more inclusive size ranges and sizing! Fashion doesn’t stop at any size, and we all deserve to wear SUPER CUTE plus size leopard dresses!
Alrighty, let’s get to my plus size leopard dresses guide and outfit ideas (with even more fashion tips)!!
Note: While I do my best to keep info up-to-date, brands do like to change things up on me! To get the best info on shopping for plus size leopard dresses, click the image for full and most up-to-date details! Love ya!
#1 Plus Size Leopard Dresses: PrettyLittleThing
First up on my list of plus size leopard dresses is Manchester-based fashion company, PrettyLittleThing. This bicoastal fashion brand also has offices in Los Angeles, and they are a favorite with plus size fashionistas like myself who love figuring hugging plus size clothing and gorgeous outfits that make a STATEMENT!
- Sizing: PrettyLittleThing goes up to a size 26, with a 48.8 inch waist
#2 Plus Size Leopard Dresses: City Chic USA
Next up on my guide to plus size leopard print dresses, we have City Chic USA! This Australian-based company has a US-focused website, which is awesome! This brand is really great for folks who are petite and/or apple shaped — or both! AS a plus size apple shaped person myself, this brand is one of my top recs for plus size apple shaped babes!
- Sizing: Up to a size 24, with a 48.4″ inch waist
Below, I’ve shared some of my favorite plus size leopard dresses from City Chic USA!
#3 Plus Size Leopard Dresses: Amazon
Next up on my guide to plus size leopard dresses, we have Amazon! FYI, Amazon carries a bunch of different plus size fashion brands on their website, so I went through and picked my fave plus size leopard dresses! These leopard dresses for work, date night, clubbing, etc, are so fun — and each have their own size chart information!
- Sizing: Sizing can vary a LOT between brands on Amazon, so be sure to check the size chart (often the last photo on the set of product photos, in my experience!)
Check out this plus size leopard dress here!
#4 Plus Size Leopard Dresses: Rebdolls Long Sleeve Maxi Dress in Mesh
Next up, we have Black-owned plus size fashion brand RebDolls! They make such fun plus size leopard dresses, and I found this one on Walmart! (A lot of brands use Walmart to help them reach new customers, by putting their products on the website).
I love a plus size mesh leopard dress just like this one, because these are SO FUN to go dancing in. I don’t get as hot (the fabric breathes better), and I also think they’re sexy AF!
Check out this plus size leopard dress here!
#5 Plus Size Leopard Dresses: BAACAL | $298 +
Next up, I want to share a higher end plus size luxury brand – BAACAL! My readers have been loving the plus size outfits from BAACAL, so I wanted to be sure to include their iconic mesh leopard dress that’s perfect for all seasons.
- Sizing: BAACAL’s size chart goes from a size 1 to a size 5, and this plus size leopard dress is still available in sizes 1-3!
From the brand: “This double mesh dress is here in brown leopard print. It is both classic and on-trend, a perennial favorite. Details include a deep ballet neck, high waist seam, front bodied and skirt are double with sheer sleeves and back. Designed by BAACAL Cynthia Vincent”
Shop this plus size leopard dress herev!
#6 Plus Size Leopard Dresses: CurvySense
Finishing up my list (for now!) of plus size leopard dresses is CurvySense! I don’t know a TON about this brand, but I’ve loved seeing my blogger besties wear their stuff. Their plus size loepard dresses are more on the sexy clubwear, date night and resort sort of side of things (blog post on plus size resort wear HERE), and I think their clothes are just so FUN!
- Sizing: – Available in up to a 4X, with a 46.48″ waist (per their size chart!)
Check out this plus size leopard dress here!
This blog post was all about plus size leopard dresses.
Love plus size leopard dresses?! Here’s what to read next:
What to read next —>
Did you have a blast reading all about plus size leopard dresses in this post?! I know I had a lot of fun putting it together — I LOVE plus size leopard dresses!
Below, I’ve shared related plus size fashion guides I’ve put together, that I think you’ll love — all based on your interest in plus size leopard dresses!
Want more content like this? Then I recommend joining my fashion-focused email list is here! If you want to stay up-to-date on posts from The Huntswoman, I recommend joining me on your favorite social media platform (Facebook, Instagram or Twitter).
Finally, my business and career email list HERE!!
I have two email lists because folks have different interests! For lovers of this post, I recommend joining both lists and following me on Twitter, where I share a lot of blogger tips and info!