Hey there! This post contains affiliate links. Using my links means I earn a commission, which helps me create more rad content. More on affiliates here.
I just got back from attending a wedding (in IOWA, of all places?!), and figuring out what the heck to wear was a whole conundrum and situation. I did a lot of online shopping, looking for options – and today (as always) you, my lovely readers, get to benefit from my online research for the perfect plus size fall wedding guest outfit!
This blog post is all about plus size fall wedding guest outfit.
Heads up! This post was first published on September 25, 2021. It was last updated on July 25, 2023! While I do my best to keep my posts up-to-date, brands do like to change things up! Please doublecheck all info I’ve shared! Love ya!
Before we dive in, I wanted to share some of my BEST tips for choosing a plus size wedding guest outfit!
- Tip #1: What are the colors?! When it comes to any wedding, I make it a point to figure out what the “colors” of the wedding are. If I’m a guest, I don’t accidentally want to look like I’m part of the wedding party, ya know?
- Tip #2: Avoid white and/or the color the bride will wear. I also do my darnedest *not* to wear anything remotely close to white. So no light pink, no gray, no cream, no white. It simply just is not done, darling! Also! Be sure to do your research on brides from other countries. This spring, I attended a Vietnamese wedding, where only the bride wears red. Sometimes, I’ll even text the couple or wedding planner a photo of the outfit I’m planning on, just to be extra sure!
- Tip #3: Tights!! If you’re not certain what the temperature situation will be, always feel free to add thick tights if you get cold. Then, if you get too hot you can excuse yourself to take them off in the bathroom, stuffing them (lol) in your bag!!!
Hot Tip on Colors: Most plus size fall wedding outfits will be in navy, burgundy or forest green – so be sure to look out for these colors!
Ok, let’s get going wit plus size fall wedding guest outfit ideas!
#1: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit Options from City Chic
In my opinion, City Chic is probably the BEST place to get a plus size fall wedding guest outfit. Real talk, y’all, I have been *filling* recent plus size fashion guide blog posts with outfits from City Chic. The brand has really nailed trendiness + wearability, and I am obsessed.
BUT! When it comes to shopping at City Chic, make sure you’re on the correct website! I’m in the United States, so I shop City Chic USA. They also have a site for their Australian customers (I think maybe the company is BASED in Australia???), and there are VERY different plus size fall dresses for wedding guests on each site!!! <3
City Chic has some great options for plus size wedding guest outfits, from casual weddings in a field somewhere to super swanky events. I recommend following their size chart, and you can size down on plus size clothing items that are made out of stretchy fabric/materials. In my experience, City Chic is especially great for shorties like me, as well as plus size apple shaped babes!
- Up to a size 24
Below, I’ve shared some of my fave plus size fall wedding guest outfits!
#2: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit Options from Hannah Caroline Couture
Hannah Caroline Couture is a custom wedding brand that makes all of their pieces in the USA! I love this velvet jumpsuit (that’s me modeling it below), as it has POCKETS!
- Because all pieces are MTO (made to order), Hannah Caroline Couture makes pieces in ALL sizes. Seriously. All. Of. Them!!
#3: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit Options from Eloquii
Next up on our list of brands that offer plus size wedding guest outfit options is ELOQUII! This is one of my favorite brands! If you’re looking for a super trendy or fashion forward plus size look for a wedding, Eloquii is def where I’d start your search!
- Sizes 10 to 32 (some styles stop at a size 28, FYI!)
Eloquii has some great options for plus size wedding guest outfits, from jumpsuits to scuba knit dresses. I recommend reading reviews on the pieces on the website, as item sizing can be hard to figure out.
Below, I’ve shared some of my fave plus size fall wedding guest outfits from Eloquii!
#4: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit Options from Lane Bryant
I find that when shopping plus size wedding guest outifts, the good stuff is almost always online.
Lane Bryant has a bunch of options, and there’s a whole selection that doesn’t make it to stores!
- This plus size fashion brand carries clothing in up to a size 40! Some styles stop at a size 24 and 28, so be sure to use the filter settings to narrow the selection to your size! <3
Below, I’ve shared a couple of my fave plus size fall wedding guest outfits from Lane Bryant!
#5: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit Options from ASOS
Finishing up our list is plus size fall wedding guest outfits from ASOS! This brand has something for almost every aesthetic, and there looks are trendy and fun!
- ASOS makes clothes in up to a US 24 – sometimes going up to a US 26!
Below, I’ve shared a couple of my fave plus size fall wedding guest outfits from ASOS!
#6: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit Luxury Options from ByVINNIK
Next up, I want to share one of my FAVE indie brands, ByVINNIK! This ethical brand is based in Los Angeles, and the founder, Suzanne Vinnik, has a killer eye for silhouettes and styling. Their photoshoots are SO GOOD.
I recently snagged one of their dresses, and OH MY GOD! The construction was excellent, and the dress was super easy to dance in. (I do a “Drop it LOW!” test when trying something on. If I can’t squat in it, I’m not wearing it to a wedding lololol.)
#7: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit – Nerecina Couture
Nerecina Couture is known for their red carpet and wedding gowns, and the brand ALSO has some pretty wonderful plus size fall dresses for wedding guest!
#8: Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit – Rent on Nuuly
I love getting STATEMENT making pieces, but it can be hard to manage a closet that’s all STATEMENT MAING pieces, ya know?
For that reason, if you’re attending a wedding that’s going to feel like a runway show where guests SHOW OUT, I’d check out Nuuly! You can rent 6 items for $99 (I’d get a few wedding looks so you can decide on a final winner).
I personally have loved the fit on HUTCH and Eva Franco pieces on the platform! You can read my full review of plus size Nuuly here!
This blog post was all about plus size fall wedding guest outfit.
What to read next!
Below, I’ve shared a few blog posts I’ think you’ll love!
Plus Size Fall Wedding Guest Outfit Ideas
Alright, folks! There’s the roundup. I hope you find a great plus size wedding dress outfit.